A dress is a one-piece garment that is made for women. It's like a skirt with a blouse attached to it. Every woman I know own a few dresses very it's easier to use, looks elegant and can add confidence.
There are many type of dresses here are few of them:
- A-line dress. It's a dress that is fitted from the hips and widens gradually to the hemline. It gives the impression of the letter A from the waist below. It is usually knee length dress.
- Empire dress. It is a dress with waistline placed higher than the other. The waistline is place just below the bust line, usually with V-neck style collar and loose skirt from the bust line. It is usually flattering and used by chubby women to hide the stomach area and emphasize the bust. It can be floor length or knee length dress.
- Jumper dress. It is a collarless, with no sleeve and intended to wear over a blouse or a tank top. It is usually mini dress or knee length dress.
- Sun dress. It is usually worn during summer, with long and flowing skirt and it may have a little strap called spaghetti strap dress or sleeveless and it can also be sleeveless.
- Maternity dress. Use by expectant mothers from 4 months of pregnancy up until she gave birth. It should be made of soft materials and pregnant women should move freely with this dress. It can be knee length dress or floor length dress.
- Maxi dress. It is a type of dress that cannot be categorized as formal or informal wear. It is usually floor length and made of soft floral printed fabric.
- Sheath dress. A type of dress that tightly hugs the body, it is usually made of light and very thin materials like silk and cotton and adorn with nothing else. It is usually mini dress or knee length dress and strapless.
- Cocktail dress. Usually worn at the party and considered semi-formal wear. It can be knee length dress or floor length dress. It usually use plain fabric and in dark colors.
- Wrap dress. A dress with front closure, a V letter is formed because the one side wraps across the otherside and attached by some buttons. It hugs the woman's curve.
It's natural to woman to wear a dress that will them feel elegant and sophisticated. But we also have to keep in mind that considering comfort over look is a nice attitude too.